By C. Steve Suh
Presents new advancements on laptop device vibration keep watch over in line with discontinuous dynamical systems
Machining instability is a topical zone, and there are quite a lot of guides that hide the subject. despite the fact that, lots of those prior reports have began through assuming that the habit of the process should be linearised. in the meantime, there are various contemporary advances within the fields of sign processing, nonlinear dynamics, and nonlinear keep an eye on, all of that are correct to the machining balance problem. This publication establishes the basics of slicing mechanics and computing device software dynamics within the simultaneous time-frequency domain. the recent nonlinear keep watch over thought constructed by way of the authors that allows simultaneous regulate of vibration amplitude within the time-domain and spectral reaction within the frequency-domain presents the root for the advance of a controller structure universally conceivable for the regulate of dynamic instability together with bifurcation and chaos. as soon as parameters underlying the coupling, interplay, and evolution of alternative slicing states and among the device and workpiece are tested, they could then be included into the structure to create a regulate method that mitigate machining instability and allow strong, chatter-free computing device instrument layout acceptable particularly to excessive velocity micro- and nano-machining.
- Presents new advancements on computer instrument vibration regulate in accordance with discontinuous dynamical systems
- Provides a transparent and concise method of the certainty and keep watch over of computing device device and workpiece vibrations from an alternate view, contributing to an in-depth realizing of slicing dynamics and strong keep watch over of machining instability
- Equips the reader with the data to appreciate the dynamics of slicing and operation of machine-tool structures in numerous stipulations in addition to the concept that of slicing instability control
- Includes info examples in MATLAB coding
Read or Download Control of Cutting Vibration and Machining Instability: A Time-Frequency Approach for Precision, Micro and Nano Machining PDF
Best mechanical books
Ceramic fabrics are regularly occurring as parts in an excellent number of functions. they're beautiful as a result of their sturdy extreme temperature power, excessive put on resistance, reliable corrosion restistance and different distinctive actual homes. Their significant situation is their brittleness and the massive scatter of mechanical houses.
Advanced Materials, Structures and Mechanical Engineering: Proceedings of the international Conference on Advanced Materials, Structures and Mechanical Engineering, Incheon, South Korea, May 29-31, 2015
The overseas convention on complicated fabrics, buildings and Mechanical Engineering 2015 (ICAMSME 2015) used to be hung on could 29-31, Incheon, South-Korea. The convention was once attended by means of scientists, students, engineers and scholars from universities, examine institutes and industries all over the global to give ongoing learn actions.
- Metals. Thermal and Mechanical Data
- Fatigue under Thermal and Mechanical Loading: Mechanisms, Mechanics and Modelling: Proceedings of the Symposium held at Petten, The Netherlands, 22–24 May 1995
- Numerical Simulation of Mechanical Behavior of Composite Materials
- Sinusoidal Vibration: Mechanical Vibration and Shock Analysis, Volume 1, Second Edition
- Fluid-Structure-Sound Interactions and Control: Proceedings of the 3rd Symposium on Fluid-Structure-Sound Interactions and Control
Additional info for Control of Cutting Vibration and Machining Instability: A Time-Frequency Approach for Precision, Micro and Nano Machining
1987, Chaotic Vibration: An Introduction for Applied Scientists and Engineers, John Wiley and Sons, New York. , 2001, Nonlinear Dynamics and Chaos, John Wiley and Sons, New York. , Suh, C. , Chan, A. , 2002, “Characterization and Detection of Crack-Induced Rotary Instability,” ASME Journal of Vibration and Acoustics, 124(1), 40–48. , 2012, “On Controlling Milling Instability and Chatter at High-Speed,” Journal of Applied Nonlinear Dynamics, 1(1), 59–72. , 2008, “On Nonlinear Cutting Response and Tool Chatter in Turning Operation,” Communications in Nonlinear Science and Numerical Simulations, 13(5), 979–1001.
The components of x are called eigenvectors. 22) the eigenvectors are necessarily an orthonormal set of linearly independent basis vectors. 22) can be recast using a matrix carry all the eigenvalues λi , i = 1, . . , n ⎡ Ax = x λ1 ⎢0 ⎢ = x⎢ . ⎣ .. 0 λ2 .. ··· ··· .. ⎤ 0 0⎥ ⎥ .. 25) is that by employing the eigenvectors x as the basis of the vector space, A is alternatively represented by the diagonal matrix . As a linear transformation via the eigenvectors, x−1 Ax is called a similarity transformation on A.
This suggests the importance of considering the workpiece–tool coupling effect in modeling cutting dynamics. 5 Concluding Remarks The three-dimensional, nonlinear dynamic model incorporated regenerative effect, cutting force nonlinearity, tool nonlinearity, imbalance-induced whirling, and mass and stiffness reduction of the workpiece to realize simultaneous coupled tool–workpiece vibrations. Model responses subject to whirling were examined for various cases of cutting parameters including depth-of-cut, spindle speed, feed rate, and tool geometry.