By Elizabeth Gosling
Marine Bivalve Molluscs is a complete and punctiliously up-to-date moment version of Bivalve Molluscs, protecting all significant points of this crucial type of invertebrates. in addition to being a huge category biologically and ecologically, a few of the bivalves are fished and cultured commercially (e.g. mussels, oysters, scallops and clams) in a multi-billion greenback around the globe industry.
Elizabeth Gosling has written a landmark booklet that would stand for a few years because the regular paintings at the topic. Chapters in Marine Bivalve Molluscs hide morphology, ecology, feeding, replica, cost and recruitment, progress, body structure, fisheries, aquaculture, genetics, illnesses and parasites, and public wellbeing and fitness matters. a whole realizing of lots of those features is key for all these operating in bivalve fisheries and culture.
an important buy for a person occupied with this crucial category of animals, copies of Marine Bivalve Molluscs could be at the cabinets of biologists, ecologists, environmental scientists, fisheries scientists and team of workers in the aquaculture undefined. Copies of the publication will be on hand in all libraries and learn institutions the place those topics are studied or taught.
reports of the 1st Edition
• An admirable achievement... a necessary addition to marine sciences libraries in all places. The again conceal of this booklet says that it's a landmark textual content that would stand for a few years because the average paintings in this topic. i will in basic terms consider this sentiment. Aquaculture
• A great addition to the literature and gives the reader with a complete evaluation of organic and environmental components that impact and regulate either ordinary populations of marine bivalves and tradition operations. Aquaculture International
• the writer has performed an admirable task in compiling a wealth of data right into a readable textual content. Transactions of the yank Fisheries Society
• Will serve good as an outline of a lot of either the experimental biology and the aquaculture of bivalves. Journal of Experimental Marine Biology and Ecology
• offers first-class reports of all significant aspects…an very important reference for someone engaged in bivalve study, fisheries administration, and aquaculture. Quarterly assessment of Biology
• The publication is particularly readable, in a simple kind. it really is good illustrated and there's a wealth of information and information awarded. Bulletin of The Malacological Society of London