By Richard Stones, Neil Matthew
What's this publication approximately? If you could have put in Linux, or have entry to a model of UNIX, you could have most likely gotten used to the surroundings and its configuration, but when you must begin programming, such a lot Linux books depart you by yourself. This e-book takes to the air the place they cease, exhibiting you ways to utilize the instruments UNIX deals (which are integrated as commonplace with any distribution of Linux) and begin programming UNIX for genuine. starting Linux Programming, second variation, concentrates on C programming, taking a look at the GNU instruments, and the UNIX C libraries, to coach you step-by-step tips to write, construct, and debug severe program code. in the course of the ebook, you enhance a completely featured CD Database software, permitting you to work out the speculation of every new subject utilized to a true program. in addition to dealing with uncomplicated dossier operations, enter and output and working with the best way UNIX handles info, you find such complex issues as inter-process conversation, networking, and utilizing CGI scripting to construct an internet interface — all the weather of client-server programming. you're additionally brought the GTK+ and also you how you can construct wealthy graphical person interfaces for X with GNOME. eventually, there is an advent to machine drivers, to offer you a window into the best way the Linux kernel itself works. you will additionally research shell scripting for BASH, in addition to extra strong scripting languages — Tcl and Perl. What does this publication conceal? The Perl language Programmming for GNOME(TM) POSIX(r) threads Kernel(r) programming most recent Linux kernel, present instruments and C libraries who's this booklet for? try to be ok with the fundamentals of utilizing Linux, with a superb operating wisdom of ways to take advantage of and configure your procedure. you need to additionally be aware of a few easy C. in case you are conversant in easy programming strategies, the operating examples within the ebook will quickly provide the self assurance to discover Linux's C libraries. you will discover the programming instruments utilized in this publication are incorporated with nearly any Linux distribution, so this booklet is all you want to start as a Linux programmer.
Read Online or Download Beginning Linux Programming (Programmer to Programmer) PDF
Best unix books
The entire useful research fabric for the RHCE Certification examination, RH302. complete assurance of each examination element and information for passing the examination are incorporated. The CD-ROM comprises countless numbers of perform questions, a Sybex aspect checking out engine, pattern moveable digital flashcards for computers and Palm units, and a searchable digital reproduction of the textual content.
Linux is an open-source, Unix-like working approach that has turn into a possible laptop approach for lots of clients, in particular these concerned with procedure and community management. crimson Hat Linux has remained a number one number of Linux distributions for years, possessing greater than eighty percentage of the U. S. Linux marketplace.
* Christopher Negus is the bestselling writer of crimson Hat Linux eight Bible (0-7645-4968-5) and prior models, with greater than 125,000 copies bought * Readers learn how to construct 16 enjoyable and valuable units for domestic and place of work, utilizing spare components and unfastened software program * tasks comprise reworking an answering laptop into an e mail converter, construction an MP3 tune jukebox, development a motor vehicle leisure middle, and making a television video recorder/player * initiatives paintings with any model of Linux * significant other site comprises really good drivers and software program interfaces, plus tune and online game software program
- Auditing and Security: AS/400, NT, UNIX, Networks, and Disaster Recovery Plans
- The System #1
- Expert Shell Scripting
- The Linux Programmer's Toolbox
- Pulling Strings with Puppet: Configuration Management Made Easy
Extra resources for Beginning Linux Programming (Programmer to Programmer)
Click OK to accept the values you entered. 3. Enter your computer’s assigned hostname in the Hostname box. 4. Enter the address for your assigned Internet gateway, primary domain name server, secondary domain name server, and tertiary domain name server (if provided) in the appropriate spaces in the lower half of the screen. After you configure your network settings according to your needs or the instructions of your network administrator, click Next to proceed to the next step in your Red Hat Linux installation.
5. At the Enter Target Diskette (usually a) and press Enter. Drive prompt, type the letter of your floppy drive 6. Insert a blank or newly formatted floppy disk and press Enter once more. img file and uses it to create a boot floppy; a numeric progress indicator is displayed as the disk is written. 7. img to create a separate drivers disk. 8. img to create two additional floppies that will contain drivers for common laptop and notebook hardware. 9. After you have created the Red Hat install floppies, close the window you’ve been working in.
The Edit Interface dialog appears. 2. Uncheck the Configure Using DHCP option and enter your assigned IP address and netmask. If you don’t know your netmask, enter 255, 255, 255, and 0 in the entry boxes, from left to right, as a guess. Click OK to accept the values you entered. 3. Enter your computer’s assigned hostname in the Hostname box. 4. Enter the address for your assigned Internet gateway, primary domain name server, secondary domain name server, and tertiary domain name server (if provided) in the appropriate spaces in the lower half of the screen.