By Adrian Ling
Practical Apache, PHP-FPM & Nginx opposite Proxy
This is the third e-book within the functional consultant sequence for Linux approach directors. it is going to assist you comprehend what's Apache Handler, what's Hypertext Preprocessor SAPI - e.g. DSO, mod_suPHP, mod_fastcgi, and so on and the way some of these items healthy jointly.
This publication also will allow you to secure and hardened the Apache webserver and PHP-FPM. The default setup in Apache and Hypertext Preprocessor are beautiful lax in protection. A web-user on a non-secured server can simply view the approach password dossier (/etc/passwd) in addition to view one other user's private/system documents by way of writing simply three traces of code. This e-book will express you precisely how one can accomplish this on a non-secured server!
This ebook also will hide find out how to setup Nginx opposite Proxy to the Apache webserver to spice up site functionality. listed below are the desk of contents during this sensible advisor to Apache, PHP-FPM and Nginx opposite Proxy:
- Chapter 1. The 'LAMP' stack
- Chapter 2. Apache Handlers & personal home page SAPI
- Chapter three. Instal & Configure PHP-FPM
- Chapter four. strengthen functionality with Opcode Cache
- Chapter five. Securing Apache
- Chapter 6. Securing Hypertext Preprocessor (php.ini)
- Chapter 7. functionality Tuning
- Chapter eight: fitting Nginx server as Reverse-Proxy
- Summary: e-book Errata & Support
Read or Download Apache, PHP-FPM & Nginx: How to Build a Secure, Fast and Powerful Web-Server PDF
Best unix books
The entire important learn fabric for the RHCE Certification examination, RH302. complete assurance of each examination aspect and advice for passing the examination are integrated. The CD-ROM includes enormous quantities of perform questions, a Sybex facet checking out engine, pattern transportable digital flashcards for desktops and Palm units, and a searchable digital reproduction of the textual content.
Linux is an open-source, Unix-like working method that has develop into a potential laptop approach for plenty of clients, specifically these concerned with method and community management. pink Hat Linux has remained a number one number of Linux distributions for years, possessing greater than eighty percentage of the U. S. Linux marketplace.
* Christopher Negus is the bestselling writer of crimson Hat Linux eight Bible (0-7645-4968-5) and prior models, with greater than 125,000 copies offered * Readers learn how to construct 16 enjoyable and worthy units for domestic and workplace, utilizing spare components and loose software program * tasks contain reworking an answering computing device into an e mail converter, construction an MP3 tune jukebox, construction a automobile leisure middle, and making a television video recorder/player * tasks paintings with any model of Linux * significant other site contains really good drivers and software program interfaces, plus track and video game software program
- Learning the Korn Shell
- Keine Angst vor UNIX/Linux: Ein Lehrbuch für Ein und Umsteiger in UNIX (Solaris, HP-UX, AIX, ...) und Linux
- Pro Bash Programming: Scripting the GNU/Linux Shell (2nd Edition)
- The Mac OS X Command Line: Unix Under the Hood
Additional resources for Apache, PHP-FPM & Nginx: How to Build a Secure, Fast and Powerful Web-Server
X86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux” The “x86_64” tells you that your OS is 64-bit. 1 …. i686 i686 i386 GNU/Linux” The “i686 i386” means 32-bit OS. TIP: when determining which software version to install, you only need to know whether your OS is 32-bit or 64-bit. If your OS is 32-bit, then install the 32-bit version. com/pages/Config-en The REMI software repository a yum repo maintained by a French programmer - Remi Collet. It usually has the latest version of the software in found in the core CentOS repositories, and it uses the same package names as in the official repositories.
The Apache webserver (HTTP server) is modular. It has a small core and many modules which can be 'loaded' at runtime to provide various functionalities as required. Because of this architecture, the Apache webserver can be very lean and fast (with minimal modules loaded) or it can be 'bloated' with many unnecessary modules loaded. MySQL The 'M' in the LAMP stack is the venerable MySQL server. The MySQL server is arguably the most popular open-source relational database before it was bought over by Sun and later by Oracle.
Ideally, an Apache child-process (without the embedded PHP engine) should be used to serve static content, and forward PHP files to a 'dedicated/external' PHP process. We shall see how this can be done via the 'FastCGI' SAPI. 2. g. g. PHP). CGI is a neutral protocol that allows any webserver to connect with any language interpreter (PHP, Perl, Python, etc) In the Apache webserver, the CGI SAPI is provided via the 'mod_cgi' or the 'mod_cgid' modules. g. /usr/bin/php-cgi ) to process the PHP script, receive the output from the CGI program (/usr/bin/php-cgi) and then display the output to the browser.